Polywood Shutters are the best choice for Energy Efficiency
Polywood’s unique material composition, weather-stripping, UV inhibitors and baked on paint finish help it block air and temperature, and seal out light and noise better than any other shutter. Polywood shutters will pay for themselves in energy savings.
- Stops air Flow: Polywood Shutters block up to 30(Degrees) of air flow coming through a window. This is done by nearly sealing of the window opening when the shutters are closed. Also, the unique solid polymer material that Polywood Shutters are made from is dense enough to block air flow.
- Saves Energy: Reduction in kilowatt hours saves you money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Maximizes R-Value: -Value (a measure of how wells a material resists heat flow) is over 6 in a double paned window, the best of any shutter.
- Reduces Heat Transfer: Polywood offers over 45% reduction in heat transfer. The weather stripping pieces seal and block more temperature and light than any other shutter
- Resists Moisture: Polywood resists humidity that impacts room temperature.
- Increases Energy Efficiency: With the combination of dense material, weather-stripping and heat-reflective paint, Polywood is up to 70% more energy efficient than a traditional wood shutter, and up to 1600% more energy efficient than aluminum blinds.
*Note: Each of these statistics has been tested and verified by independent certified agencies.