Founded by Ray W. Rhoe, P.E., Vibration Analysts, Inc. was created with more than 100 years of combined vibration analysis experience and knowledge.
- Provide all services in a professioinal and courteous manner.
- Never issue an invoice for more than the quoted amount.
- Provide all required test equipment. If we don’t have it, we’ll buy it.
- Always arrive on time, ready to do the job.
- Do the job better than anyone else, and for less.
- Help the customer in any way possible
What sets us apart is our recently designed and patented vibration data analysis process called ReVDAP.
ReVDAP is exceptionally powerful and provides an accurate and affordable alternative to analyzing data in-house. ReVDAP is offered exclusively by Vibration Analysts, Inc. and provides customers an exceptionally accurate, yet very affordable world-class vibration program. ReVDAP saves time and money by significantly reducing your PdM Program operating costs, while greatly improving equipment reliability. Compared to the traditional vibration programs, which have many limitations, ReVDAP provides ~99% accuracy in key program areas.
The main reason for our success is that ReVDAP is measurably superior to all other vibration programs in terms of:
- Value and Affordability
- Global Availability
- Customer Benefits, including FREE 24/7 technical support, use of route data collection equipment and access to the vibration database software.
Ray W. Rhoe, P.E., is the President of Vibration Analysts, Inc. and is ISO-certified by the Vibration Institute as a Category IV vibration analyst.
After graduating from The Citadel in 1978, Ray began working in the “Noise Review Group” at a shipyard; building and overhauling SSN-688 class nuclear attack submarines. He later took a position with a nuclear power generation company as their vibration analyst/rotating component specialist.
Ray’s exceptional vibration test experience includes one of the largest operating deflection shape (ODS) tests ever performed in the power industry. This ODS test was performed on a 1250 megawatt Turbine Generator at a nuclear power plant and included two floors of the main turbine building.
Ray’s experience also includes on-site balancing, providing ISO certification training, as well as advanced component troubleshooting and testing.
In 2000, Ray formed the PMT Group in Oglesby, Illinois. In 2006, the team began working on ReVDAP. After completing it and recognizing its many unique benefits, Ray patented the process, incorporated the business and changed our name to Vibration Analysts, Inc.
It’s who we are and it’s what we do.
Ray has attended a number of professional vibration training courses, including:
- Practical Solutions to Machinery Vibrations – Update International
- Category II Vibration Certification – Vibration Institute
- Category III Vibration Certification – Vibration Institute
- Category IV Vibration Certification – Vibration Institute
- Operating Deflection Shapes (ODS) and Modal Analysis – CSI Inc.
- Basic Machinery Diagnostics – Bently / Nevada
- Advanced Machinery Diagnostics – Bently / Nevada
- Balancing and Rotor Dynamics – Vibration Institute
- Finite Element Analysis – RODYN
In addition to attending training, Ray also provides the following training courses:
- Data Collector Training (Basic and Advanced)
- Balancing Training
- Category I Vibration Certification Training
- Category II Vibration Certification Training
- Category III Vibration Certification Training
Although managing VAI and resolving machinery vibration problems are Ray’s main “hobbies,” he also enjoys traveling the southwest, hiking, camping, backpacking, rafting and technical Jeep trails.
Vibration Analysts, Inc. hires only highly trained, experienced and ISO-certified vibration analysts, engineers, rotating component specialists and thermographers.
If you are looking for accurate technical support, data analysis, on-site testing, component balancing, field support or database management, we can help. We have highly trained and experienced ISO-certified Category II, III and IV analysts who will be able to meet almost any need.
Vibration Analysts, Inc. has a wide and ever-growing list of clients from nuclear and fossil power plants to hospitals, mines, chemical plants, oil refineries, precision machine shops and energy reclamation facilities.
Our clients are companies that demand long run times from their critical machinery (pumps, motors, fans, gearboxes, turbines, generators and compressors). They also require (and receive) an accurate analysis of their component vibration issues.
Our clients place a high level of trust in our analysts to keep their operations up and running. When our customers have a problem, it’s our problem. That’s why we provide our ReVDAP customers with FREE 24/7 Technical Support Service.
Industries that benefit from the services we provide include:
- Power Generation (Nuclear, Fossil, Energy Reclamation)
- Mining Facilities
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Healthcare Facilities
- Food and Beverage Processors
- Water Supply and Waste Water Treatment
- Department of Defense
- Wind Farms
- Casinos and Resort Hotels
- Colleges, Universities and High Schools
- General and Precision Manufacturing
- Steel Mills and Metal Processing
- Oil and Gas
- Process Equipment Manufacturers
- Pulp and Paper
Please visit our case studies page for more information.